Accessibility statement for Mendip District Council website
Mendip District Council aim to make the website as accessible and useable to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability, by adhering to accessibility standards and guidelines.
This accessibility statement covers all web pages using www.mendip.gov.uk domain. This is a single website, where we do link to other subdomains which have their own accessibility statements.
This website is run by Mendip District Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, accessible PDF
Call: 0300 303 8588
We'll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
Call: 0300 303 8588
If you contact us with a complaint and you're not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations').
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Mendip District Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Whilst we continue to work towards a fully accessible website, there are some known limitations. These are documented below, along with suggested work around, and/or our long-term strategy for addressing these limitations.
Currently we are aware of the following potential problems that we are working to improve:
- Embedded video players can sometimes be difficult to use with assistive technology.
- PDFs and documents are not always accessible, but we are working through these to make them accessible to users.
- We do not provide audio descriptions for videos.
- Use of tables within the Mendip District Council website
- Archived Local Plan website from 2002, this Plan has now been almost entirely superseded by the Mendip District Local Plan Part 1: Strategy and Policies 2006-2029 but is still available for information.
This statement was prepared on18th September 2020. This website was last tested on 18th September 2020. The test was carried out by Mendip District Council using Siteimprove.
18th September 2020, Mendip District Councils accessibility score was: 70.3 out of 100