View and Comment on Planning Applications
The Council publishes all valid applications for viewing by members of the public. You can view the plans, accompanying documents, consultation responses and officer reports.
In addition, you can also view representations from members of the public and Parish/Town/City Councils. Once an application has been decided you can view any Officer or Planning Board reports and a copy of the final decision notice.
Find an Application
You can find information about planning applications, including application forms, plans and decisions in our dedicated planning search facility - Public Access.
Commenting or Following an Application
If you would like to make a comment on a planning application or follow its progress the quickest and easiest way to comment is to use the online comment facility. You will need to register to receive a Planning Search login and password. Details on how to do this can be found below.
- All comments should be submitted online within the 21 day consultation period. You can still comment online after the 21 day consultation period has expired and until a decision is made. However, we recommend you do so as soon as possible because a decision can be made at any time after the expiry of the consultation period.
- Please note that the first time you submit comments online you are asked to create an account with login name and password. This ensures that your comments are provided direct to the Planning Case Officer on receipt and can be checked, uploaded and published online much quicker. You will also be automatically notified of any changes to the application, if the application is to be referred to Planning Board and when a decision is made.
- Please be aware that comments submitted will not be viewable to the public until the content has been checked and we endeavour to upload comments within 5 working days of receipt.
- Full details of the issues we take into account along with an explanation of the planning process can be found here
- Do not make comments that are offensive, abusive or malicious or they may not be published.
- Please ensure that you only provide information, including personal information belonging to you, that you are happy will be made available to others. The Council will remove personal contact details such as email address and/or phone numbers prior to uploading to the web.
- Please note that all comments from the public will be removed from the website once a decision has been issued.
- You cannot comment on applications for Discharge of Condition/Legal Obligation or Non-Material Amendment (reference numbers ending APP, S106 and NMA)
- Please do not include links to external websites/sources within your comments.
Please refer to the Your Privacy web pages and Planning and Growth Services Privacy Notices for information on the data we collect from you when you make a comment on an application and what we do with it.
How to use Public Access