Customer Satisfaction - Housing Service
Survey, Housing Strategies and Policies
Customers are invited to complete our satisfaction surveys to tell us what you think of our service.
- Housing Options Team Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Private Sector Housing Team Customer Satisfaction Survey
Please contact us if you would like a paper copy of either survey.
Our service standards explain what you can expect from us
- Housing Options Team
- Private Sector Housing Team
Thesets out this council's priorities including:
- Preventing homelessness
- Making better use of existing housing stock
- Increasing the supply of well designed and affordable housing
- Improving partnerships and building community engagement
Our has been influenced through consultation and feedback via questionnaires, face-to-face interviews with key stakeholders and engagement with members, parish councillors and residents to produce a strategy which is truly reflective of housing needs in Mendip.
Somerset Homelessness Strategy 2017
Thesets out the strategic goals for the five Somerset housing authorities. The strategy identifies four priorities that will drive forward the homelessness agenda in the coming years in Somerset. They are:
- Priority 1: Support the transition in services required by the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 to reduce and prevent homelessness
- Priority 2: Support clients to remain in their existing accommodation where appropriate
- Priority 3: Support clients to access suitable and affordable alternative accommodation where appropriate
- Priority 4: Continue to build and maintain strong working partnerships to deliver cost effective and responsive services
Empty Homes Strategy 2017-2020
The Empty Homes Strategy aims to engage with owners to bring empty properties back into use through the provision of advice, support and formal action where necessary.
The policy can be viewed
Safe and Healthy Homes Policy
The policy states how the council will assist residents to make essential adaptations and repairs to their homes so they can be lived in safely.
The policy can be viewed.
Housing Enforcement Policy
Theexplains how the council will use its powers to ensure that residents live in safe and healthy homes. Included as part of this policy is the and under the smoke and carbon monoxide alarm regulations and property redress scheme.
Private Sector Housing Fees
ECO Flexible Eligibility