Mendip Business Awards 2018 - open for entry
Entries for the 2018 Mendip Business Awards are now open.
Local business owners can enter their business into one of 10 categories to be in with a chance of winning at the fourth annual Mendip Business Awards. The winners will be announced during the evening celebrations at the Royal Bath & West Showground on Thursday 31 May.
The awards are held to recognise and celebrate some of the 5,500 independent and vibrant businesses based in Mendip
Cllr Tom Killen, Deputy Leader of Mendip District Council, said: "Now in the fourth year, the Mendip Business Awards demonstrate the wealth of local talent in our business community. We are proud to deliver the awards, giving organisations across the district a chance to showcase excellence.
"It's great to see organisations of all sizes enter the awards, but in particular we are always keen to hear from smaller businesses who often do not get the recognition which they deserve."
This year's awards have a category for every type of business, including a new category 'Apprentice of the Year', recognising the talented stars of tomorrow. Entries in this category come from the employer, making it a great way to recognise hard work and talent.
Businesses wishing to enter the awards can find more information at Mendip Business Awards categories open to Mendip businesses are:
- Community Enterprise of the Year - Sponsored by Aster Group
- Retail/ Hospitality Business of the Year - Sponsored by Kilver Court Designer Village
- Apprentice of the Year - Sponsored by Strode College
- Customer Services Excellence - Sponsored by 3 Solutions Ltd
- Taste of Mendip - Sponsored by Old Mill
- Family Business of the Year - Sponsored by Melhuish & Saunders
- International Business of the Year - Sponsored by Swan Hotel, Wells
- New Business of the Year - Sponsored by Killens
- Small Business of the Year - Sponsored by Burton Sweet
- Business of the Year - Sponsored by NFU Mutual, Wells
The 2017 Business of the Year was won by Westcombe based Wild Beer Co - an international brewery that prides itself on a deep seated passion for fermentation, flavour and creativity. The business has also been recognized by the Bath Good Food Awards and the BBC Food and Farming Awards. Wild Beer Co also achieved great phenomenal success with their recent crowd-funding campaign of £1.79millionfor a new, second brewery at the Bath and West Showground.
Key sponsors Mendip District Council, The Royal Bath & West Society and Capita, with support from the Mid Somerset Series, the Frome Standard and local Chambers of Commerce, were also keen to get behind the awards once again.
For more information about the awards and how to enter or to register your interest in tickets, visit Mendip Business Awards email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01749 341345. You can also follow @MendipBizAwards on Twitter and Facebook.