How do I register as a food business?

It is a legal requirement for all food businesses operating within the Mendip District Council area to register.

Registration is free and as soon as we have received your application you are able to start trading.  Please only register a maximum of 28 days before opening.

This includes businesses such as home catering (cakes, jams, etc), B&B/hotel/guesthouse, Mobile traders (movable food units, stalls and event caterers), Bars/Pubs/Clubs, child minders, Cafe/restaurants, food transporters, staff canteens, community use (village halls).

To register a food business visit Register A Food Business