Support for Public Houses

This relief applies for one year only to occupied properties. Eligible properties with a rateable value of less than £100,000 will receive up to £1,000 discount.

Effective from April 2018

Your licensed premises must be open to the general public without requiring membership or residency, allow free entry, allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permit drinks to be consumed in person at the bar without relying on table service.

It excludes the following:

  • restaurants
  • cafes
  • nightclubs
  • hotels
  • snack bars
  • guesthouses
  • boarding houses
  • sports venues
  • music venues
  • festival sites
  • theatres
  • museums
  • exhibition halls
  • cinemas
  • concert halls
  • casinos