If you cannot come to an agreement

Your lender might ask a court for a 'possession order'. This lets them sell your home and use the money from the sale to recover the money you owe.

Your lender has to give you at least two weeks notice in writing before they apply to the court.

If you have a court order, or a letter stating you are being taken to court, get advice quickly. The Citizens Advice website offers lots of useful information and guidance should you be taken to court for mortgage arrears and can offer specialised advice at your local Citizens Advice Mendip office.

Return to Mortgage Difficulties page