Mendip District Council only maintain trees that are on Mendip District Council owned land.
Before reporting an issue please check to see if the tree is located on MDC owned land. You can do this by using our online mapping system.
Mendip routinely survey all their trees on a 4 year cycle, before reporting please check our schedule below as we may be visiting your area soon.
To report tree issues
We will investigate any issues regarding a MDC owned tree when reported. To report an issue please use the form below, this is sent direct to Mendips contractor Idverde. They will contact you with an update.
Trees not owned by Mendip
Guidance on Trees and Hedges
For information and guidance for trees that have a tree preservation order or are in a conservation area or issues relating to hedges, please visit: Guidance on Trees and Hedges
Tree work raised in august 2018 as a result of the Tree Survey and/or customer reports:
Glastonbury tree works scheduled
- Abbey Park: Remove hanging branch, clean crowns. (complete)
Frome tree works scheduled
- Rear 39 Wedmore Close: Ash - Crown Clean & Crown reduce by 15 - 20 %
- Stonebridge Humps (rear of Lime Close): Fallen stems to be removed, remaining stem to be felled, clear and remove asrisings from site.
- Acacia Drive: Remove large limb & tidy up tears in Crown, chip & remove arisings from site (complete)
- Feltham Drive: Acer - section fell tree overhanging public footpath
Shepton Mallet tree works scheduled
- Webber Road POS by path: Storm Damage -Remove snapped limb, reduce height of hedge, remove arisings from site (complete)
- Land of Cornhill/Town Lane: 2x MDC trees - Prune to clear building, Pollard, remove climbing plants. Further works will be undertaken at the same time on behalf of the Town Council (complete).
Street tree works scheduled
- Northside car park: Remove felled Sumac tree (complete)
- Rear of Glanvill Road: Tree survey works
- Walton, closed Churchyard: Thuja - Crown clean & crown thin by 10 - 15%, Taxus baccatta - Crown Lift to 3 - 4 m, remove climbing plants.
Wells works scheduled
- Durkheim Drive: 4 x trees - Crown lift, Crown clean