Toggle menu


Excessive noise can be a source of annoyance and stress which can interfere with everyday life, cause sleep disturbance and on occasions affect your health

What we can help with

  • Noise from domestic premises e.g. loud music, TV or radio
  • Noise from commercial premises
  • DIY taking place at unreasonable hours
  • Noise from plant machinery and equipment
  • Noise from construction and demolition sites
  • Noise from sporting activities e.g. motor bike scrambling, clay pigeon shooting etc
  • Dogs persistently barking

Notification of Noisy Works/Events

There are currently no noisy works/events taking place.

What we don't deal with

How to make a complaint about noise

Complete the online form

Call the Mendip District Council contact centre on 0300 303 8588 Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm.

If you are calling after 5pm and before 8.30am and your call is an emergency, please call 0300 303 8588 and select option 4 then option 5.