Excessive noise can be a source of annoyance and stress which can interfere with everyday life, cause sleep disturbance and on occasions affect your health
What we can help with
- Noise from domestic premises e.g. loud music, TV or radio
- Noise from commercial premises
- DIY taking place at unreasonable hours
- Noise from plant machinery and equipment
- Noise from construction and demolition sites
- Noise from sporting activities e.g. motor bike scrambling, clay pigeon shooting etc
- Dogs persistently barking
Notification of Noisy Works/Events
There are currently no noisy works/events taking place.
What we don't deal with
- Aircraft noise - Contact the Civil Aviation Authority for further advice
- Road traffic noise - Contact Somerset County Council for further advice
- Railway noise - Contact Network Rail for further advice
- General daily living noise
How to make a complaint about noise
Call the Mendip District Council contact centre on 0300 303 8588 Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm.
If you are calling after 5pm and before 8.30am and your call is an emergency, please call 0300 303 8588 and select option 4 then option 5.