Bins, Rubbish and Recycling
Mendip District Council is responsible for the kerbside collection of household/ garden waste and recycling. These services are carried out on our behalf by the Somerset Waste Partnership (SWP).
The Somerset Waste Partnership website contains a range of helpful information about waste and recycling. Visit their site to find out more about:
- Recycling and waste kerbside collection service
- Service Guide - Recycling and Waste
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (operated by SWP on behalf of Somerset County Council)
- Asbestos collection or the disposal of other Hazardous waste such as such as paints, batteries, oils and television sets which must be disposed of at properly managed waste facilities
- Disruption of services due to Bad Weather
The Somerset Waste Partnership encourages waste reduction, reuse and recycling to avoid costly and wasteful landfill and to protect our environment. Somerset residents already achieve a recycling rate of over 50% and SWP is working with local communities to increase this to 60% and beyond.
Funding is provided by each local authority partner for their services, with district councils responsible for kerbside collections and the county council for recycling sites and waste disposal. SWP is governed by a joint board made up of two councillors from each of the six partner authorities.